WHAT IS JAWLINE SURGERY
A significant facial characteristic is the human jaw and its relationship to the overall facial system is fundamentally significant. The jaw and chin may be reshaped by jawline surgery, also called orthognathic surgery. To give the chin a slimmer appearance, it can be used to either strengthen and define the jaw or reduce the size of the bone. Jaw surgery may be recommended if you have a jaw issue that can’t be addressed with orthodontics alone.
- Removing the square chin shape that you think contributes to an overly masculine appearance;
- Correcting a protruding or receding lower jaw, redefine the contours of the lower jaw to create a more pleasing shape;
- Readjusting or realigning the jaw due to abnormal jaw growth or repairing an injury;
- Performed by experienced surgeons: our orthognathic surgeon, plastic surgeon, and orthodontics specialist work together for a successful result.
WHY CHOOSE EMCAS
We perform thousands of procedures every year. It's a team effort between your jaw surgeon and your orthodontist to arrange the fit of your teeth and the appearance of your face together.
We offer a wide range of cosmetic surgery procedures which can enhance the way you look. Some of our most popular cosmetic procedures include breast enlargement/ augmentation, buttock enlargement, liposuction, tummy tuck, rhinoplasty surgery or face lift.
Highly experienced surgeons: Cosmetic or plastic surgery is one that you will live with for the rest of your life. The two most important factors of successful plastic surgery are selecting the right hospital and the right surgeon, who is held to the highest standards of education, training, safety and ethics. Coming from a comprehensive plastic surgery background, we begin with the idea of an aesthetically balanced outcome first and move backwards from that point toward a functional result that merges with an aesthetic one.
State-of-the-art facilities: They include hospitals, operating room, outpatient care centers and specialized care centers in the privacy and sterility.
The American advanced technology – VECTRA 3D IMAGING SYSTEM will:
+ Capture body images in ultra-high resolution 3D
+ Automated measure, help you understand your current condition
+ Help you to visualize what the potential outcome of your surgery will be.
Experienced, caring support: We are chosen by thousands of patients to provide them with the best care, from their consultation to surgery and throughout their entire aftercare. Our medical team and administration staffs at EMCAS are here to support you in every step of your journey.
We understand that your decision to go ahead with our high quality cosmetic or weight loss surgery shouldn’t be restricted by cost. That’s why we’ve made it easy to estimate the cost of your treatment during consultation and spread the cost with flexible payment options to suit you.
Up to 80% of patients at EMCAS have had cosmetic or weight loss surgery after consultation and can share their experiences with you.
If you choose EMCAS to have plastic surgery overseas, liposuction is a procedure which only requires 3 days stay in Ho Chi Minh city.
An ideal candidate for corrective jawline surgery is one who is suffering from one or more of the below mentioned issues, and either has not, or cannot, benefit from any of the non-surgical options available:
• Problems with chewing.
• Bruxism (the clenching and grinding of your teeth).
• Speech issues.
• Sleep apnea.
• Problems with your temporomandibular joint (TMD).
• Misalignment of the jaw, which can lead to issues with facial alignment and your appearance, or prominence of the jaw.
It is important that you be in good overall health before a surgical procedure.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ) about Jawline surgery:
Q: Is it safe for titanium screws staying inside my body for long term?
A: Yes it is. Two of the greatest benefits of titanium are its high strength-to-weight ratio and its corrosion resistance. Couple this with its non-toxic state and its ability to fight all corrosion from bodily fluids and it’s no wonder titanium has become the metal of choice within the field of medicine. Titanium is also incredibly durable and long-lasting. In principal they are not removed anymore and stay in the body. Another benefit to titanium for use in medicine is its non-ferromagnetic property, which allows patients with titanium implants to be safely examined with MRIs and NMRIs.
Q: What happens with the stitches in my mouth?
A: They dissolve on their own in 5–7 weeks. They don’t have to be removed. If they would still be in your mouth after 7 weeks, you can easily remove them just by pulling on them, as they will immediately break due to the fact they will be mostly dissolved already.
Q: Can a chin implant, slilding chin or jawline surgery be performed when I have dental implants in that region?
A: Yes of course. Dental implants normally have a maximum length of 14mm. Natural teeth are longer. That’s why dental implants never create problems during a chin augmentation or jaw recontouring.
For more information about chin/jawline surgery, please schedule a consultation with our experienced surgeons
- Discuss with your surgeon what your hope to achieve, what may or may not be possible given your existing face anatomy, type and skin elasticity. A good relationship and direct coordination with your jaw surgeon and your orthodontist is important because, along with a schedule for your surgery, the two would finally manage the fit of your teeth together;
- Working with Morpheus and VECTRA XT 3D imaging system to visualize what the potential outcome of your surgery will be. Your face will be photographed from different angles. These photos help with planning the surgery, assessing its immediate and long-term effects,
- Comprehensive discussion regarding risks and complications,
- Previous medical history, underlying medical conditions, a complete list of all medications you are taking, birth control, allergies etc. will also be recorded.
PREPARE FOR YOUR SURGERY
- Strictly NO food and drink including water for 6-8 hours before surgery. Having food or drink in your system could cause complications from the anesthesia,
- Stop smoking before your procedure for a few weeks to avoid nicotine-related risks,
- Do not take medications that could increase bleeding, such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatories and aspirin. Avoid supplements that have similar effects, like vitamin E and fish oil,
- You must be cleared for surgery by appropriate pre-surgery screening (blood test, EKG, X-ray, ultrasound etc.) in accordance with your surgeon's instructions and our Patient Safety requirements,
- Choose clothes that will be comfortable (loose-fitting clothes and slip-on shoes). You shouldn't wear contact lenses, accessories like jewelry, watches, wigs or hairpins. Do not apply any products to your skin or hair the morning of surgery.
The whole procedure is carried out in about 60 to 90 minutes. Our surgeon will make an incision into your gums on each side of your lower jaw, just behind your molars. However, sometimes small incisions may be required outside your mouth. The bone is fixed in its new position by screws on both sides, which are inserted through a tiny external skin incision located slightly anterior and inferior of the angle of the jaw.