Lower eyelids surgery to remove bagginess and excess skin
It is said that eyes are the windows to the soul. Beautiful eyes is the one that everyone desire to possess. When it comes to restoring a youthful look, your eyes are your greatest opportunity.
With age comes wisdom, as they say. With age follows, as they claim, wisdom. Unfortunately, aging also carries with it unwelcome improvements, such as thin lines, wrinkles, and age spots, to the skin. Thin, fragile skin around your eyes is also the first area of your face to show the symptoms of ageing that are tell-tale. Some people find 'bags' under the eyes unattractive and cumbersome. From that reason, the appearance of lower eyelids surgery will help people to get back their young eyes.
Lower eyelids surgery is usually done for cosmetic reason, addresses concerns with puffiness and bags under the eyes. It's an effective way to reduce bagginess and excess skin.
WHY CHOOSE EMCAS
We perform thousands of procedures every year. Our trained facial plastic surgeons will bring talented artistry and refined skill to cosmetic surgery for your eyes.
With the support of Morpheus 3D scanner and VECTRA IMAGING SYSTEM, treatments can be done with more precision, less time, and with remarkable results.
The American advanced technology – VECTRA 3D IMAGING SYSTEM will:
+ Capture face images in ultra-high resolution 3D
+ Automated measure, help you understand your current condition
+ Help you to visualize what the potential outcome of your surgery will be.
Experienced, caring support: We are chosen by thousands of patients to provide them with the best care, from their consultation to surgery and throughout their entire aftercare. Our medical team and administration staffs at EMCAS are here to support you in every step of your journey.
We understand that your decision to go ahead with our high quality cosmetic or weight loss surgery shouldn’t be restricted by cost. That’s why we’ve made it easy to estimate the cost of your treatment during consultation and spread the cost with flexible payment options to suit you.
Up to 80% of patients at EMCAS have had cosmetic or weight loss surgery after consultation and can share their experiences with you.
Who should have this kind of eyelids surgery?
Everybody, men or women who:
- Want to improve their eyelids.
- Have bagginess in the lower eyelids.
- Have excess skin and wrinkles.
- Discuss with your surgeon what your hope to achieve, what may or may not be possible given your existing face anatomy, type and skin elasticity;
- Working with Morpheus and VECTRA XT 3D imaging system to visualize what the potential outcome of your surgery will be. Your eyes will be photographed from different angles. These photos help with planning the surgery, assessing its immediate and long-term effects;
- Comprehensive discussion regarding risks and complications;
- Previous medical history, underlying medical conditions, a complete list of all medications you are taking, birth control, allergies etc. will also be recorded.
PREPARE FOR YOUR SURGERY
- Strictly NO food and drink including water for 6-8 hours before surgery. Having food or drink in your system could cause complications from the anesthesia,
- Stop smoking before your procedure for a few weeks to avoid nicotine-related risks,
- Do not take medications that could increase bleeding, such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatories and aspirin. Avoid supplements that have similar effects, like vitamin E and fish oil,
- You must be cleared for surgery by appropriate pre-surgery screening (blood test, EKG, X-ray, ultrasound etc.) in accordance with your surgeon's instructions and our Patient Safety requirements,
- Choose clothes that will be comfortable (loose-fitting clothes and slip-on shoes). You shouldn't wear contact lenses, accessories like jewelry, watches, wigs or hairpins. Do not apply any products to your skin or hair the morning of surgery,
- Line up a family member or friend to drive you home after your procedure or post-operative care since you will be receiving anesthesia.
- The Emcas doctor skillfully made a small incision near the lower lashline - allowing for discrete scars which are virtually un-noticeable. Then fat and tissue is redistributed, skin tightened and the excess removed.
- Incisions are closed with tiny sutures which will dissolve on their own. The stitch is hidden under the eyelid, making it hard to see.
- Surgical period: about 40 – 60 minutes, often also performed alongside a face, neck or brow lift.
Taking care after surgery
Bruising and swelling last up to 3 weeks. Use ice packs on your eyes for 10 minutes every hour the night after surgery. The following day, use ice packs on your eyes four to five times throughout the day.
Your eyes could feel dry or wet. If that happens, follow your doctor’s instructions and use eye drops when necessary. Avoid rubbing your eyes.
Wearing makeup too soon after your eyelid surgery can irritate the area around the incisions. It's safest to wait at least 2 to 3 weeks before wearing eye makeup so your incisions can completely heal.
Our plastic surgeon also needs to see you to ensure you are healing well. Your incisions were closed with non-dissolvable sutures and need to be removed after 7-10 days. Please don't skip your post-op follow-ups.
Pretty accurate results can be seen after 1 month. The complete healing process takes time so final results can be seen from 6 to 12 months. Take care to protect your delicate eyelid skin from too much sun exposure.