A "lazy eye" - where people might believe that you haven't had enough sleep or that you may be intoxicated or have an unintended aggressive look. All of these results will also make you look older than you like and more pessimistic. As a procedure that can address these problems and rejuvenate the eyes with a new, fresh look, many Asian patients can also benefit from lateral canthoplasty.
What is Eye Lengthening/ Lateral canthoplasty?
Lateral canthoplasty is the surgical procedure which elongates the outer (toward the ears) aspect of the eyes, reshaped them to be bigger and wider. By strengthening the eyelid's muscle and ligament support, it will also resolve a saggy eyelid.
Typically this procedure is performed with double eyelid surgery to achieve the best outcomes.
WHY CHOOSE EMCAS
We perform thousands of procedures every year. Our trained facial plastic surgeons will bring talented artistry and refined skill to cosmetic surgery for your eyes.
With the support of Morpheus 3D scanner and VECTRA IMAGING SYSTEM, treatments can be done with more precision, less time, and with remarkable results.
The American advanced technology – VECTRA 3D IMAGING SYSTEM will:
+ Capture face images in ultra-high resolution 3D
+ Automated measure, help you understand your current condition
+ Help you to visualize what the potential outcome of your surgery will be.
Experienced, caring support: We are chosen by thousands of patients to provide them with the best care, from their consultation to surgery and throughout their entire aftercare. Our medical team and administration staffs at EMCAS are here to support you in every step of your journey.
We understand that your decision to go ahead with our high quality cosmetic or weight loss surgery shouldn’t be restricted by cost. That’s why we’ve made it easy to estimate the cost of your treatment during consultation and spread the cost with flexible payment options to suit you.
Up to 80% of patients at EMCAS have had cosmetic or weight loss surgery after consultation and can share their experiences with you.
WHO SHOULD CHOOSE TO HAVE EYE LENGTHENING?
- Wants the length of the eye to be extended;
- If, due to the Epicanthoplasty process, the eye balance does not fit;
- There is a broader outer eye than the inside;
- The external corner is raised and looks sharp.
- Discuss with your surgeon what your hope to achieve, what may or may not be possible given your existing face anatomy, type and skin elasticity;
- Working with Morpheus and VECTRA XT 3D imaging system to visualize what the potential outcome of your surgery will be. Your eyes will be photographed from different angles. These photos help with planning the surgery, assessing its immediate and long-term effects,
- Comprehensive discussion regarding risks and complications,
- Previous medical history, underlying medical conditions, a complete list of all medications you are taking, birth control, allergies etc. will also be recorded.
PREPARE FOR YOUR SURGERY
- Strictly NO food and drink including water for 6-8 hours before surgery. Having food or drink in your system could cause complications from the anesthesia,
- Stop smoking before your procedure for a few weeks to avoid nicotine-related risks,
- Do not take medications that could increase bleeding, such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatories and aspirin. Avoid supplements that have similar effects, like vitamin E and fish oil,
- You must be cleared for surgery by appropriate pre-surgery screening (blood test, EKG, X-ray, ultrasound etc.) in accordance with your surgeon's instructions and our Patient Safety requirements,
- Choose clothes that will be comfortable (loose-fitting clothes and slip-on shoes). You shouldn't wear contact lenses, accessories like jewelry, watches, wigs or hairpins. Do not apply any products to your skin or hair the morning of surgery,
- Line up a family member or friend to drive you home after your procedure or post-operative care since you will be receiving anesthesia.
The procedure is usually performed under local anesthesia with light sedation. The surgery is performed in 30 to 45 minutes. Incisions are made on the outer corner of the eyes. Once our surgeon opens up and successfully restructures the site, the area is carefully sutured.
Taking care after surgery
Bruising and swelling last up to 1 weeks. Use ice packs on your eyes for 10 minutes every hour the night after surgery. The following day, use ice packs on your eyes four to five times throughout the day.
Your eyes could feel dry or wet. If that happens, follow your doctor’s instructions and use eye drops when necessary. Avoid rubbing your eyes. After the surgery, smoking and alcohol should be avoided for at least a month.
Wearing makeup too soon after your eyelid surgery can irritate the area around the incisions. It's safest to wait at least 2 to 3 weeks before wearing eye makeup so your incisions can completely heal. Contact lenses should be avoided until the surgical site is completely healed.
Our plastic surgeon also needs to see you to ensure you are healing well. Surgical incision is hidden at the margin of the superior and inferior eyelash skin margins. Your incisions were closed with non-dissolvable sutures and need to be removed after 7-10 days. Please don't skip your post-op follow-ups.
Pretty accurate results can be seen after 1 month. The complete healing process takes time so final results can be seen from 6 to 12 months. Take care to protect your delicate eyelid skin from too much sun exposure.