Turn back the clock and return a more youthful appearance
A droopy eyelid or ptosis are commonly known as an upper eyelid that droops. You may be born with a sleepy eyelid due to ineffectively developed eyelid muscles; or as you age, your skin gradually loses its elasticity and begins to droop all over — especially around the eyes when the eyelid muscles steadily lose their elasticity and tone essentially.
If you’re bothered by drooping eyelids and sagging, wrinkled skin around your eyes, restorative surgical option could help make your eyes look more youthful. It's also an effective way to improve sight in older people whose sagging upper eyelids get in the way of their vision.
Besides making you look older, severely sagging skin around your eyes can reduce your side vision, especially the upper and outer parts of your field of vision. Droppy eyelids correction can reduce or eliminate these vision problems and make your eyes appear younger and more alert.
There are non-surgical treatments for droppy eyelids correction but you should know that those are just temporary fixes and does not actually fix your muscle issues. The surgical procedure will help you to:
1. Turn sleepy eyes into greater and more brilliant looking eyes
2. Reduce the dependence on the brow muscles and slow down new arrangement of forehead wrinkles
3. Experience improvements in vision
4. Recreate double eyelids while fixing droopy eyelids in one procedure
5. Achieve a more rejuvenated and younger look
6. Improve self-esteem
WHY CHOOSE EMCAS
We perform thousands of procedures every year. Our trained facial plastic surgeons will bring talented artistry and refined skill to cosmetic surgery for your eyes.
With the support of Morpheus 3D scanner and VECTRA IMAGING SYSTEM, treatments can be done with more precision, less time, and with remarkable results.
The American advanced technology – VECTRA 3D IMAGING SYSTEM will:
+ Capture face images in ultra-high resolution 3D
+ Automated measure, help you understand your current condition
+ Help you to visualize what the potential outcome of your surgery will be.
Experienced, caring support: We are chosen by thousands of patients to provide them with the best care, from their consultation to surgery and throughout their entire aftercare. Our medical team and administration staffs at EMCAS are here to support you in every step of your journey.
We understand that your decision to go ahead with our high quality cosmetic or weight loss surgery shouldn’t be restricted by cost. That’s why we’ve made it easy to estimate the cost of your treatment during consultation and spread the cost with flexible payment options to suit you.
Up to 80% of patients at EMCAS have had cosmetic or weight loss surgery after consultation and can share their experiences with you.
WHO SHOULD CHOOSE TO HAVE DROPPY EYELID CORRECTION
You may find yourself experiencing one or more of the following:
- Looking tired and sleepy despite being well-rested;
- The constant raising of the eyebrow to lift the eyelid, or tilting of the head to see better;
- Increased heaviness of the eyelid;
- Impaired vision;
- Headache due to forehead muscle strain and eyestrain.
- Discuss with your surgeon what your hope to achieve, what may or may not be possible given your existing face anatomy, type and skin elasticity;
- Working with Morpheus and VECTRA XT 3D imaging system to visualize what the potential outcome of your surgery will be. Your eyes will be photographed from different angles. These photos help with planning the surgery, assessing its immediate and long-term effects,
- Comprehensive discussion regarding risks and complications,
- Previous medical history, underlying medical conditions, a complete list of all medications you are taking, birth control, allergies etc. will also be recorded.
PREPARE FOR YOUR SURGERY
- Strictly NO food and drink including water for 6-8 hours before surgery. Having food or drink in your system could cause complications from the anesthesia,
- Stop smoking before your procedure for a few weeks to avoid nicotine-related risks,
- Do not take medications that could increase bleeding, such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatories and aspirin. Avoid supplements that have similar effects, like vitamin E and fish oil,
- You must be cleared for surgery by appropriate pre-surgery screening (blood test, EKG, X-ray, ultrasound etc.) in accordance with your surgeon's instructions and our Patient Safety requirements,
- Choose clothes that will be comfortable (loose-fitting clothes and slip-on shoes). You shouldn't wear contact lenses, accessories like jewelry, watches, wigs or hairpins. Do not apply any products to your skin or hair the morning of surgery,
- Line up a family member or friend to drive you home after your procedure or post-operative care since you will be receiving anesthesia.
Treatment plan will depend on the severity of the droopy eyelid and the amount of excess skin or fat tissue, but surgical correction to tighten the muscle is the most effective way of correcting droopy eyelids.
An incision is made on the eyelids and the eyelid muscles are stitched higher, effectively shortening them. During the procedure you will be given local anesthesia to numb the area in which we will be working. In more severe cases of droopy eyelid, some may need to tilt their head back or use their forehead muscles to lift the droopy eyelid out of the way.
Taking care after surgery
Bruising and swelling last up to 3 weeks. Use ice packs on your eyes for 10 minutes every hour the night after surgery. The following day, use ice packs on your eyes four to five times throughout the day.
Your eyes could feel dry or wet. If that happens, follow your doctor’s instructions and use eye drops when necessary. Avoid rubbing your eyes.
Wearing makeup too soon after your eyelid surgery can irritate the area around the incisions. It's safest to wait at least 2 to 3 weeks before wearing eye makeup so your incisions can completely heal.
Our plastic surgeon also needs to see you to ensure you are healing well. Your incisions were closed with non-dissolvable sutures and need to be removed after 7-10 days. Please don't skip your post-op follow-ups.
Pretty accurate results can be seen after 1 month. The complete healing process takes time so final results can be seen from 6 to 12 months. Take care to protect your delicate eyelid skin from too much sun exposure.