Our teeth are exposed to colored foods and drinks that stain the teeth as we age. It’s no wonder we feel self-conscious of our own natural teeth, even though they may be perfectly healthy.
WHY DO TEETH TURN YELLOW?
Most causes of tooth discoloration fall into two main categories: extrinsic and intrinsic stains. Yellowing can also be caused by a wide array of health factors, from medication use to inadequate brushing. Take a look at the common causes of yellow/ gray teeth:
If you think that tooth whitening paste and other products are enough to get a pearl white smile, then its not true. Also, some natural methods aren’t as effective as people believe them to be. Don't be worry much, there are some dental treatments that can be performed which could lead you to a bright white smile:
1. Laser teeth whitening: Fastest treatment to brighten your teeth 3 to 6 shades in only one hour, while protecting your sensitive gum and tooth root areas;
2. Custom teeth whitening trays at home: Custom trays with precise fit made by our dentist will keep whitening gel from escaping, so you can wear it on overnight;
3. Combination: Dentists may choose to enhance laser whitening results by suggesting yout to nightly-use whitening trays.
WHY CHOOSE EMCAS
The EMCAS team is committed to providing exceptional dental care that also fits into your busy schedule! We will also give you all your treatment options to help you choose the level of care you want.
At our practice, we use minimally invasive dentistry. This consists of techniques to help preserve tooth structure without overuse of “drilling and filling” and other invasive measures. Just as the word implies, this type of dentistry concentrates on using the least amount of dental intervention to conserve the health of your teeth. In minimally invasive dentistry, the removal of any part of a tooth structure is kept to only the minimal amount necessary to restore the tooth to its optimum state. This can be done in modern dentistry through the latest scientific advances.
The dentists you will see at EMCAS will be an experienced dentists who has been treating patients for many years in Vietnam, so you know that you will be in good hands. They will let you know their findings and you will have the opportunity to address your expectations and also decide what level of treatment is best for you. While your dentist will provide the expert guidance you deserve, your questions are always welcome and you always have the final say in your treatment.
We understand that not everyone enjoys dental treatment, that’s why we want to make your visit as comfortable as possible. EMCAS brings calmness and pain-free to the patients. Many a times, the patients drift away into sleep which gives us uninterrupted time to work on their teeth!
For the assurance of patients, all instruments used in the clinic undergo the most stringent sterilization process. Instruments are washed, chemically disinfected and packed in individual pouches before undergoing high-pressure saturated steam using digital autoclaves.
Taking care of your general health and your mouth is the key to making the most of your smile. If you haven't visited your dentist or dental hygienist for a long time, make sure to contact us to book an appointment.
To be a candidate of laser whitening, you should have mild to moderate teeth discoloration. You should also, in general, not have any other major cosmetic dental procedure done on your discolored teeth. You should also have extrinsic (enamel) instead of intrinsic (dentin) stains.
Laser whitening is not suitable for those with the following conditions:
- Tooth and gum hypersensitivity. To avoid a hypersensitive reaction, your dentist is likely to recommend take-home bleaching trays with a low concentration of carbamide peroxide – which is not as potent as hydrogen peroxide.
- Deep and intractable staining. Although results are immediate, teeth whitening is not a permanent solution to discoloration. Some stains are resistant to high-concentration in-office bleaches. In such cases, dentists may recommend a supervised regimen of intensive take-home bleaching or alternatives such as bonding, crowns or veneers.
- Teeth that have become transparent with age. This is particularly true of the front teeth, which are thin to begin with.
- Pregnant or nursing women are advised to avoid teeth whitening. The potential impact of swallowed bleach on the fetus or baby is not yet known.
Your gumline and lips are protected against the effects of bleach through the use of gauze seals. Next, our dentist will paint whitening gel onto the teeth surface. A UV light is used to heat the solution which activates it to penetrate deeper into the enamel. In general, this process can take between 60 to 90 minutes. As well, our dentist will monitor you throughout your teeth whitening treatment.
Once treatment is completed, you will be able to see results instantly.
You can expect the results to last between 1 and 2 years. Your diet, medications and smoking can influence this time frame.
MAINTAINING YOUR RESULTS
To extend the longevity of your newly whitened teeth, dentists are likely to recommend:
- Colored foods and drinks should be avoided at least 1 week. Whenever possible, sipping dark-colored beverages with a straw;
- Practicing excellent oral hygiene;
- At-home whitening trays or maintenance whitening – implemented immediately or performed as infrequently as once a year.