WHAT IS SLIDING CHIN/ GENIOPLASTY
Sometimes we are not born with facial features that are in perfect balance with one another. In many cases, the solution is to perform sliding chin surgery, bringing the facial features into harmony.
A sliding chin surgery (genioplasty) designed to correct a retrusive or misaligned chin and achieve a more aesthetically pleasing facial appearance. In this surgery, a surgeon uses a saw to cut the chin bone away from the rest of the jaw and move it to correct a chin deficiency.
- Treating a retrusive chin (caused by a lower jaw that doesn’t project much from the face);
- Providing a more vibrant and attractive distinctive look, since it will add harmony and better proportion to your face's structural appearance;
- Performed through an intra-oral incision, so there will be no scars visible on the outside.
WHY CHOOSE EMCAS
We perform thousands of procedures every year. It's a team effort between your jaw surgeon and your orthodontist to arrange the fit of your teeth and the appearance of your face together.
We offer a wide range of cosmetic surgery procedures which can enhance the way you look. Some of our most popular cosmetic procedures include breast enlargement/ augmentation, buttock enlargement, liposuction, tummy tuck, rhinoplasty surgery or face lift.
Highly experienced surgeons: Cosmetic or plastic surgery is one that you will live with for the rest of your life. The two most important factors of successful plastic surgery are selecting the right hospital and the right surgeon, who is held to the highest standards of education, training, safety and ethics. Coming from a comprehensive plastic surgery background, we begin with the idea of an aesthetically balanced outcome first and move backwards from that point toward a functional result that merges with an aesthetic one.
State-of-the-art facilities: They include hospitals, operating room, outpatient care centers and specialized care centers in the privacy and sterility.
The American advanced technology – VECTRA 3D IMAGING SYSTEM will:
+ Capture body images in ultra-high resolution 3D
+ Automated measure, help you understand your current condition
+ Help you to visualize what the potential outcome of your surgery will be.
Experienced, caring support: We are chosen by thousands of patients to provide them with the best care, from their consultation to surgery and throughout their entire aftercare. Our medical team and administration staffs at EMCAS are here to support you in every step of your journey.
We understand that your decision to go ahead with our high quality cosmetic or weight loss surgery shouldn’t be restricted by cost. That’s why we’ve made it easy to estimate the cost of your treatment during consultation and spread the cost with flexible payment options to suit you.
Up to 80% of patients at EMCAS have had cosmetic or weight loss surgery after consultation and can share their experiences with you.
If you choose EMCAS to have plastic surgery overseas, liposuction is a procedure which only requires 3 days stay in Ho Chi Minh city.
Candidates seek to improve their chin profile in relation to their other facial features. If a weak chin creates a poorly defined chin-neck profile or if the weak chin is out of proportion with other facial features, such as the nose, you may be a candidate for sliding chin surgery.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ) about Sliding chin surgery:
Q: What happens with the stitches in my mouth?
A: They dissolve on their own in 5–7 weeks. They don’t have to be removed. If they would still be in your mouth after 7 weeks, you can easily remove them just by pulling on them, as they will immediately break due to the fact they will be mostly dissolved already.
Q: Can a chin implant, slilding chin or jawline surgery be performed when I have dental implants in that region?
A: Yes of course. Dental implants normally have a maximum length of 14mm. Natural teeth are longer. That’s why dental implants never create problems during a chin augmentation or jaw recontouring.
For more information about chin/jawline surgery, please schedule a consultation with our experienced surgeons
- Discuss with your surgeon what your hope to achieve, what may or may not be possible given your existing face anatomy, type and skin elasticity. A good relationship and direct coordination with your jaw surgeon and your orthodontist is important because, along with a schedule for your surgery, the two would finally manage the fit of your teeth together;
- Working with Morpheus and VECTRA XT 3D imaging system to visualize what the potential outcome of your surgery will be. Your face will be photographed from different angles. These photos help with planning the surgery, assessing its immediate and long-term effects,
- Comprehensive discussion regarding risks and complications,
- Previous medical history, underlying medical conditions, a complete list of all medications you are taking, birth control, allergies etc. will also be recorded.
PREPARE FOR YOUR SURGERY
- Strictly NO food and drink including water for 6-8 hours before surgery. Having food or drink in your system could cause complications from the anesthesia,
- Stop smoking before your procedure for a few weeks to avoid nicotine-related risks,
- Do not take medications that could increase bleeding, such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatories and aspirin. Avoid supplements that have similar effects, like vitamin E and fish oil,
- You must be cleared for surgery by appropriate pre-surgery screening (blood test, EKG, X-ray, ultrasound etc.) in accordance with your surgeon's instructions and our Patient Safety requirements,
- Choose clothes that will be comfortable (loose-fitting clothes and slip-on shoes). You shouldn't wear contact lenses, accessories like jewelry, watches, wigs or hairpins. Do not apply any products to your skin or hair the morning of surgery.
After performing general anesthesia, the chin is cut from back to front on both sides with a micro-saw, separating a horseshoe-shape of bone. A second cut can be made parallel to and a few millimeters from the first one, and a slice of bone can be removed. The middle part of the horseshoe-shaped bone can be removed to make the chin more pointed. At this point, the chin can be moved forward or backward. The whole procedure is carried out in about 60 to 90 minutes.