Approximately 50% of East and Southeastern Asian women are born with either a minimal or absent upper eyelid, according to Oculoplastic Surgery. Having a double eyelid does not entail any medical advantage over individuals with a single eyelid or monolid, usually as a matter of personal preference. Double eyelids are eyelids with visible double creases, can also be created without an incision while promoting a faster recovery.
Non-incisional double eyelids procedure is performed to add natural double folds to the eyelids, make the eyes appear larger, livelier and energetic compared with having just one. This technique may be a good option if you don’t need extra skin and fat removed.
- Creates natural-looking creases to the eyelid to make the eyes appear bigger and beautiful
- Improves the eyes’ shape
- Faster recovery time and little no scarring
- The cost is more affordable
- Results of the procedure can be reversed
WHY CHOOSE EMCAS
We perform thousands of procedures every year. Our trained facial plastic surgeons will bring talented artistry and refined skill to cosmetic surgery for your eyes.
With the support of Morpheus 3D scanner and VECTRA IMAGING SYSTEM, treatments can be done with more precision, less time, and with remarkable results.
The American advanced technology – VECTRA 3D IMAGING SYSTEM will:
+ Capture face images in ultra-high resolution 3D
+ Automated measure, help you understand your current condition
+ Help you to visualize what the potential outcome of your surgery will be.
Experienced, caring support: We are chosen by thousands of patients to provide them with the best care, from their consultation to surgery and throughout their entire aftercare. Our medical team and administration staffs at EMCAS are here to support you in every step of your journey.
We understand that your decision to go ahead with our high quality cosmetic or weight loss surgery shouldn’t be restricted by cost. That’s why we’ve made it easy to estimate the cost of your treatment during consultation and spread the cost with flexible payment options to suit you.
Up to 80% of patients at EMCAS have had cosmetic or weight loss surgery after consultation and can share their experiences with you.
- You can consider to have non-incisional double eyelids if you have thin or unbalanced eyelids. This procedure is only suitable for those with thin eyelids because your new double eyelids are likely to loosen rapidly if you have fatty eyelids or droopy eyelids. Individuals with thicker skin may have a difficult time keeping the sutures in place and result in asymmetrical eyelids.
- You need to have a healthy skin. Continuous rubbing of the eyes caused by eczema or other skin problems can weaken the suture attachments and can sometimes cause displacement and removal of the stitches. If you have recurring skin problems that will cause you to rub the skin on the eye area, better inform your doctor first.
- This procedure is reversible and can be a good option for newbies to cosmetic procedures to have a better picture of the effects of double eyelid surgery on their appearance before committing to procedures that can have permanent effects.
- Discuss with your surgeon what your hope to achieve, what may or may not be possible given your existing face anatomy, type and skin elasticity;
- Working with Morpheus and VECTRA XT 3D imaging system to visualize what the potential outcome of your surgery will be. Your eyes will be photographed from different angles. These photos help with planning the surgery, assessing its immediate and long-term effects,
- Comprehensive discussion regarding risks and complications,
- Previous medical history, underlying medical conditions, a complete list of all medications you are taking, birth control, allergies etc. will also be recorded.
As with the incisional technique, the eyelid will be carefully measured and marked. A series of tiny punctures are made in the skin along the line, then small invisible sutures are knotted along where your eyelid fold is to be naturally placed.
Taking care after procedure
With the non-incisional technique, you can expect full recovery within two weeks. Sutures are placed through the punctures and tightened until they form the desired crease. The sutures will remain beneath the skin, out of sight. You won’t have to return to have them removed.
Your eyes could feel dry or wet. If that happens, follow your doctor’s instructions and use eye drops when necessary. Avoid rubbing your eyes.
Wearing makeup too soon after your non-incisional eyelid surgery can increase your risk for infection. It's safest to wait at least 2 weeks before wearing eye makeup.
Our plastic surgeon also needs to see you to ensure you are healing well. Please don't skip your post-op follow-ups.
Take care to protect your delicate eyelid skin from too much sun exposure.