Whatever your age, orientation, relationship status, or sexual activity, you can't predict how you will react to losing a breast.
Breast reconstruction is the surgical process of rebuilding the shape and look of a breast, most commonly in women who have had surgery to treat breast cancer. They have several options for how it can be done. Breasts can be rebuilt using implants or autologous tissue (tissue from elsewhere in the body). Sometimes both implants and autologous tissue are used to rebuild the breast, consist of your own tissue which has been moved around. If only one breast is affected, it alone may be reconstructed. Breast reconstruction at EMCAS - which called delayed reconstruction - can be done after the mastectomy incisions have healed and breast cancer therapy has been completed.
In addition, a breast lift, breast reduction or breast augmentation may be recommended for the opposite breast to improve symmetry of the size, shape and position of both breasts. A nipple and areola may be re-created on the reconstructed breast in a final stage of breast reconstruction, if these were not preserved during the mastectomy.
WHY CHOOSE EMCAS
We perform thousands of procedures every year, helping patients to achieve the look they’ve always wanted. At EMCAS we work with Motiva and Arion, the world’s leading supplier of breast implants.
We offer a wide range of cosmetic surgery procedures which can enhance the way you look. Some of our most popular cosmetic procedures include breast enlargement/ augmentation, buttock enlargement, liposuction, tummy tuck, rhinoplasty surgery or face lift.
Highly experienced surgeons: Cosmetic or plastic surgery is one that you will live with for the rest of your life. The two most important factors of successful plastic surgery are selecting the right hospital and the right surgeon, who is held to the highest standards of education, training, safety and ethics.
State-of-the-art facilities: They include hospitals, operating room, outpatient care centers and specialized care centers in the privacy and sterility.
The American advanced technology – VECTRA 3D IMAGING SYSTEM will:
+ Measure the accurate current breast sizes,
+ Identify whether the size is suitable with customer body or not,
+ Help you to visualize what the potential outcome of your surgery will be.
Experienced, caring support: We are chosen by thousands of patients to provide them with the best care, from their consultation to surgery and throughout their entire aftercare. Our medical team and administration staffs at EMCAS are here to support you in every step of your journey.
We understand that your decision to go ahead with our high quality cosmetic or weight loss surgery shouldn’t be restricted by cost. That’s why we’ve made it easy to estimate the cost of your treatment during consultation and spread the cost with flexible payment options to suit you.
Up to 80% of patients at EMCAS have had cosmetic or weight loss surgery after consultation and can share their experiences with you.
If you choose EMCAS to have plastic surgery overseas, breast surgery is a 2-hour procedure with an overnight stay at the hospital which only requires a week stay in Ho Chi Minh city.
Women who have surgery as part of their breast cancer treatment may choose breast reconstruction surgery to rebuild the shape and look of the breast.
There are many reasons:
- To make her chest look balanced when she is wearing a bra or swimsuit
- To help make clothes fit better
- To permanently regain her breast shape so she won’t have to use a breast form that fits inside the bra (an external prosthesis)
- To feel better about her body
For breast reconstruction requires a number of decisions to be made by the woman. The choice to have breast reconstruction is hers to make!
You can ask yourself some questions to help you start to think about what type of reconstruction you want -- if you want reconstruction at all:
- How important is rebuilding your breast to you?
- Can you live with a breast form that you take off and put on?
- Will breast reconstruction help you to feel whole again?
- Are you OK with having more surgery for breast reconstruction after mastectomy or lumpectomy?
Frequently asked questions (FAQ) about Breast surgery:
Q: Will I Be in pain?
A: Most of our customer share with us the recovery is far less painful than they expected. Some discomfort, swelling is to be expected and can be well controlled. You will have prescription pain medication in 5 days after the procedure to help you stay comfortable through the first stages of healing. A return to normal light activity is possible as soon as you feel ready, usually within a day or two.
Q: Will my results look natural?
A: Customer will have the accurate diagnosis and results afterwards through VECTRA XT 3D imaging system. Our surgeons will offer suggestions to achieve balanced proportions not only on the breasts, but throughout the body. Viewing and discussing these simulated photos with our doctors will help guide them in performing your surgery to your specifications so that you are sure to love the end result!
Q: Do i need to exchange the breast implants?
A: If they aren’t broken there is really not reason to exchange/replace them unless you're not happy with the size anymore.
Q: Will my sensation or feeling change?
A: Reconstruction does not restore normal feeling to your breast, but some feeling may return over a period of years.
For more information about breast surgery, please schedule a consultation with our experienced surgeons
- Discuss with your surgeon an idea of what to expect after surgery to rebuild your breast,
- Choose your size and implants type,
- Working with VECTRA XT 3D imaging system to visualize what the potential outcome of your surgery will be,
- Comprehensive discussion regarding risks and complications,
- Previous medical history, underlying medical conditions, a complete list of all medications you are taking, birth control, allergies etc. will also be recorded.
PREPARE FOR YOUR SURGERY
- Strictly NO food and drink including water for 6-8 hours before surgery. Having food or drink in your system could cause complications from the anesthesia,
- Stop smoking before your procedure for a few weeks to avoid nicotine-related risks,
- Do not take medications that could increase bleeding, such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatories and aspirin. Avoid supplements that have similar effects, like vitamin E and fish oil,
- You must be cleared for surgery by appropriate pre-surgery screening (blood test, EKG, X-ray, ultrasound etc.) in accordance with your surgeon's instructions and our Patient Safety requirements,
- Choose clothes that will be comfortable (loose-fitting clothes and slip-on shoes). You shouldn't wear contact lenses, accessories like jewelry, watches, wigs or hairpins. Do not apply any products to your skin or hair the morning of surgery,
- Line up a family member or friend to drive you home after your procedure or post-operative care since you will be receiving anesthesia.
- Breast reconstruction is done using general anesthesia - you’ll be given drugs to make you sleep and not feel pain during the surgery.
- Breast implants are the most common method of performing breast reconstruction: an implant is placed under the skin and muscle to recreate the shape of the breast. In flap (autologous) reconstruction: using tissue transplanted from another part of your body (such as your belly, thigh, or back). Flap reconstruction also may include an implant.
- Nipple and areola reconstructions are a separate surgery. They are optional and usually the final phase of breast reconstruction.
- Time in surgery is longer (4-6 hours)
Most women begin to feel better in a couple of weeks and can return to usual activities in a couple of months. Full recovery will vary from 2 to 6 weeks depending on the type of surgery.
Over time, the skin over the reconstructed breast can become more sensitive to touch, but it won't be exactly the same as it was before surgery.