More than half the female population has different sized breasts development during teenage years, but this is usually not noticeable. Breast asymmetry refers to a noticeable difference in the appearance of breast size or shape when comparing one breast to the other. This can also include the position of the nipple.
HOW IS BREAST ASYMMETRY CAUSED?
Numerous factors can influence breast development and result in unevenly sized or shaped breasts:
- Asymmetrical virginal hypertrophy – When a pubescent woman experiences excessive, sudden growth in one breast only
- After pregnancy – The body’s response after breast feeding and/or pregnancy can result in an uneven redistribution of breast tissue
- Natural aging – Each breast can react differently to gravity and other contributing stressors of aging
- Drastic weight change – Either excessive weight gain or loss can cause an uneven increase or reduction in breast fat
- Localized disease or condition – Also known as degenerative breast asymmetry, this occurs when breasts begin similar in size but one shrinks due to a disease or breast condition. Surgery such as lumpectomy or radiation therapy may also cause one sided atrophy or decrease in size.
WHY CHOOSE EMCAS
We perform thousands of procedures every year, helping patients to achieve the look they’ve always wanted. At EMCAS we work with Motiva and Arion, the world’s leading supplier of breast implants.
We offer a wide range of cosmetic surgery procedures which can enhance the way you look. Some of our most popular cosmetic procedures include breast enlargement/ augmentation, buttock enlargement, liposuction, tummy tuck, rhinoplasty surgery or face lift.
Highly experienced surgeons: Cosmetic or plastic surgery is one that you will live with for the rest of your life. The two most important factors of successful plastic surgery are selecting the right hospital and the right surgeon, who is held to the highest standards of education, training, safety and ethics.
State-of-the-art facilities: They include hospitals, operating room, outpatient care centers and specialized care centers in the privacy and sterility.
The American advanced technology – VECTRA 3D IMAGING SYSTEM will:
+ Measure the accurate current breast sizes,
+ Identify whether the size is suitable with customer body or not,
+ Help you to visualize what the potential outcome of your surgery will be.
Experienced, caring support: We are chosen by thousands of patients to provide them with the best care, from their consultation to surgery and throughout their entire aftercare. Our medical team and administration staffs at EMCAS are here to support you in every step of your journey.
We understand that your decision to go ahead with our high quality cosmetic or weight loss surgery shouldn’t be restricted by cost. That’s why we’ve made it easy to estimate the cost of your treatment during consultation and spread the cost with flexible payment options to suit you.
Up to 80% of patients at EMCAS have had cosmetic or weight loss surgery after consultation and can share their experiences with you.
If you choose EMCAS to have plastic surgery overseas, breast surgery is a 2-hour procedure with an overnight stay at the hospital which only requires a week stay in Ho Chi Minh city.
You may be a candidate for breast asymmetry correction if you:
Have tuberous breast deformity or breasts that differ in size, shape or position
- that are too small or large as well as asymmetrical,
Self-consciousness about your appearance due to your breasts,
Often do not find the same kind of bra that fits well, avoid some clothing or activities because of your appearance,
Desire better breast symmetry and improved breast contours.
Our surgeons will discuss the problem with you to decide the best solution for your case.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ) about Breast surgery:
Q: Can I fix uneven breasts without implants?
A: here are several other surgical procedures like fat transfer, breast lift, and breast reduction on the bigger breast that do not make use of breast implants but help correct the asymmetry. If you’re unsure which way to go, our surgeon will help you after an in-depth consultation and careful evaluation of your anatomy. You can try out different looks before you make a decision.
Q: Will I Be in Pain?
A: Most of our customer share with us the recovery is far less painful than they expected. Some discomfort, swelling is to be expected and can be well controlled. You will have prescription pain medication in 5 days after the procedure to help you stay comfortable through the first stages of healing. A return to normal light activity is possible as soon as you feel ready, usually within a day or two.
Q: Will my results look natural?
A: Customer will have the accurate diagnosis and results afterwards through VECTRA XT 3D imaging system. Our surgeons will offer suggestions to achieve balanced proportions not only on the breasts, but throughout the body. These images will help you to visualize what the potential outcome of your surgery will be. Viewing and discussing these simulated photos with our doctors will help guide them in performing your surgery to your specifications so that you are sure to love the end result!
Q: Will augmentation/enlargement work for me if I have saggy breasts?
A: It depends on how much your breasts sag. If you have mild sagging breasts, you can receive breast implants to enlarge your breasts because they can fill up a loose skin envelope (after pregnancy and breast-feeding) making the breasts look full again.
Q: Will my nipple sensation or feeling change?
A: Some women experience changes or loss of nipple sensation after breast augmentation. In many cases, these changes are only temporary and nipple sensation returns after several months. Unfortunately, more than 10% of women, however, have permanent alterations in nipple sensation.
Q: Can I still breastfeed after breast surgery?
A: The answer to this question is simply that most women can still breastfeed just fine after breast surgery. Breastfeeding with implants has been shown to be safe for the baby and the mother.
For more information about breast surgery, please schedule a consultation with our experienced surgeons
- Discuss with your surgeon what your hope to achieve, what may or may not be possible given your existing breast anatomy, body type and skin elasticity,
- Working with VECTRA XT 3D imaging system to visualize what the potential outcome of your surgery will be,
- Comprehensive discussion regarding risks and complications,
- Previous medical history, underlying medical conditions, a complete list of all medications you are taking, birth control, allergies etc. will also be recorded.
PREPARE FOR YOUR SURGERY
- Strictly NO food and drink including water for 6-8 hours before surgery. Having food or drink in your system could cause complications from the anesthesia,
- Stop smoking before your procedure for a few weeks to avoid nicotine-related risks,
- Do not take medications that could increase bleeding, such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatories and aspirin. Avoid supplements that have similar effects, like vitamin E and fish oil,
- You must be cleared for surgery by appropriate pre-surgery screening (blood test, EKG, X-ray, ultrasound etc.) in accordance with your surgeon's instructions and our Patient Safety requirements,
- Choose clothes that will be comfortable (loose-fitting clothes and slip-on shoes). You shouldn't wear contact lenses, accessories like jewelry, watches, wigs or hairpins. Do not apply any products to your skin or hair the morning of surgery,
- Line up a family member or friend to drive you home after your procedure or post-operative care since you will be receiving anesthesia.
Breast asymmetry correction is a surgery for uneven breasts - correcting moderate to severe asymmetry. You may consider having a breast implant and/or fat surgically inserted to make the smaller breast bigger - this is called a Breast augmentation. Or you may decide to have a breast reduction/ breast lift to make the larger breast smaller. Both these surgical procedures aim to achieve symmetry.
We offers numerous techniques to ensure you achieve the ideal shape and size:
Breast implants/ Fat transfer enlargement
Areola reduction/ Nipple repositioning
* A combination of procedures may be required to give the best results
You may need to wear a compression garment (bandage or support bra) for a couple of weeks to help reduce swelling. You can expect to be bruised and swollen for the first couple of weeks. Pain and discomfort can be controlled with medications.
Our plastic surgeon also needs to see you to ensure you are healing well. Your incisions were closed with non-dissolvable sutures and need to be removed after 14 days. Please don't skip your post-op follow-ups for bandage changing and suture removal in every 2 to 3 days.
It is a good idea to have someone there to take care of things for you while you recover for the first few days. You need to sleep on your backs with arms near sides for 2-3 weeks. You will want to avoid upper body exercise for the first couple of weeks, and only then gradually add it back in. Physical activity and exercise can be fully resumed after 6 weeks depending on how quickly you recover. Think of sexual activities as exercise - you should be careful not to directly touch the breasts or incisions, and it is also important to avoid letting the breasts bounce up and down.
In some case, scars have to be tolerated.